Install proxmox backup server on Kimsufi

jay89

Oct 26, 2012
Has anyone managed to install proxmox backup server successfully on a Kimsufi server.

As soon as it removes ifupdown it crashes and I can't get back into the server.

I have added hwaddress in the network configuration file and using the proxmox repo to install ifupdown..

Last edited:
Hi
Anyone with the same problem ?
When I want to install proxmox-backup on a Debian 11, (apt-get install proxmox-backup), ifupdown seems to be removed.
When ifupdown is removing, crash of the ssh console. Server kimsufi is down.
Thanks in advance

I have managed to install pbs on Kimsufi server by doing the below

Did it on top of an fresh Debian 11 install
- sudo apt-mark hold ifupdown2
- sudo apt install proxmox-backup-server ifupdown

Last edited:
Has anyone managed to install proxmox backup server successfully on a Kimsufi server.

As soon as it removes ifupdown it crashes and I can't get back into the server.

I have added hwaddress in the network configuration file and using the proxmox repo to install ifupdown..
I went through similar problems with the PVE template at Soyoustart. As soon as I updated from one version to another, I completely lost access and when I restarted it didn't go up anymore.
But luckily my server had IPMI and I was able to install PVE directly through it. For servers without IPMI it is difficult to even depend on the template without support from the OVH team.

Curious as to which Kimsufi option was chosen, how is your experience with the performance and stability over time?
Thank you very much.

Curious as to which Kimsufi option was chosen, how is your experience with the performance and stability over time?
Thank you very much.
It is a great choice for the low cost PBS replica! I don't recommend using it as the main PBS because the network limitation is complicated to use, even for instance backup on OVH, Soyoustart and Kimsufi.
However, its use as an external PBS replica to protect your data in the event of a total disaster within your datacenter is a very valid option with a great cost benefit, for that I still highly recommend it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!