Install problems with VE 7.2

ssspinball

May 19, 2022
I'm a newbie to Proxmox. Attempting to install on a Mac Mini 5,2 (mid-2011).

The first stumbling block when booting from the USB image is I have to use nomodeset. That gets me further but the initial boot stops at:
Starting the installer GUI see tty2 (CTRL+ALT+F2) for any errors Installation aborted - unable to continue. (type exit or CTRL-Q to reboot)

So then I dry debug mode and get to:
testing device /dev/sdb for ISO found Proxmox VE ISO Debugging mode (type exit or press CTRL-D to continue startup)

I cannot continue from here because the physically attached Magic Keyboard doesn't do anything. Typing does not make characters appear nor does CTRL-D do anything. The KB works just fine before the point that I trigger debug mode.

Any ideas? Screenshots attached.

Attachments

• IMG_6126.jpeg
    IMG_6126.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6127.jpeg
    IMG_6127.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 46
It appears the Radeon HD 6630M doesn't have drivers and so X won't startup. Not sure how to work around this or if it's possible.

It does appear to be radeon drivers. I just tried to installed proxmox on a new host with a Radeon 6400 and got the same issues. When i moved the display out to the IPMI on my motherboard then it worked just fine and installed as normal. Option if you have said kind of board.

I have same problem.
I'm a newbie to Proxmox. Attempting to install on a Mac Mini 5,2 (mid-2011).

The first stumbling block when booting from the USB image is I have to use nomodeset. That gets me further but the initial boot stops at:
Starting the installer GUI see tty2 (CTRL+ALT+F2) for any errors Installation aborted - unable to continue. (type exit or CTRL-Q to reboot)

So then I dry debug mode and get to:
testing device /dev/sdb for ISO found Proxmox VE ISO Debugging mode (type exit or press CTRL-D to continue startup)

I cannot continue from here because the physically attached Magic Keyboard doesn't do anything. Typing does not make characters appear nor does CTRL-D do anything. The KB works just fine before the point that I trigger debug mode.

Any ideas? Screenshots attached.
I have same problem. I could not install proxmox 7.3 with AMD ryzen9 7900X. I have no grapic card. I using on board. Can you help me?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!