[SOLVED] Install on a 11th gen Intel NUC

ajschot

May 16, 2021
Hey all,

i am running Proxmox for a couple of months now on a micro pc with a desktop i3-6100 and it works great. But for some needs i need a little bit more power. (On the old one i ran ubuntu vm, lxc plex, lxc Nextcloud, ubuntu vm with docker, macos and omv.
i just got my new 11th gen nuc (i5-1135g7) but i can not install Proxmox, i tried 6.4 as well as 6.3.
When trying at first i got a message about secureboot do i switch that off to get it to boot the installation.
after that i had to wait a very long time and after the network connection i got unable to install…
So i tried to disable the intel i225 nic and used a usb3 realtek adapter which i know works on proxmox because i used it in a bind on the old machine.
Ok now i got an ip but nothing else changed. So i tried to look into the logs, i saw a problem with my new barracuda nvme so i tried to check the ssd and installed ubuntu, this worked fine. So back to proxmox, besides the still error about the nvme, gpt, wifi (which is disabled in the bios) and secure boot not being enabled i did not see any other issues.
does anybody know if the 11th gen are already supported? Maybe that is an issue? I could not find anything

thank you all

For nerwer hardware you could try to use the 5.11 kernel from the testing repository.
Thank you i will try the test iso that i have found with 5.11

sorry for all this forum dirt i just found another threat about this problems.

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/support-for-nuc-11.86838/

just for all those others, but first i will try the iso with 5.11 kernel because that would be easier.

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/alternative-proxmox-ve-6-4-iso-with-5-11-kernel-available.89211/

6.4 with 5.11 kernel worked like a charm.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!