Install of PCie drivers for coral TPU

Mikey6283

Jul 14, 2021
Hi

The Pcie module is installed in the host hardware however I am unable to install Coral pcie drivers from coral website as it is giving errors as below :

Code:
root@pve:~# lspci -nnk | grep 089a
03:00.0 System peripheral [0880]: Global Unichip Corp. Coral Edge TPU [1ac1:089a]
        Subsystem: Global Unichip Corp. Coral Edge TPU [1ac1:089a]
root@pve:~# lsmod | grep apex
root@pve:~# echo "deb https://packages.cloud.google.com/apt coral-edgetpu-stable main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/coral-edgetpu.list
-bash: sudo: command not found
root@pve:~# echo "deb https://packages.cloud.google.com/apt coral-edgetpu-stable main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/coral-edgetpu.list

curl https://packages.cloud.google.com/apt/doc/apt-key.gpg | sudo apt-key add -

sudo apt-get update
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100  2537  100  2537    0     0  28188      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 28505
(23) Failed writing body
root@pve:~# apt-get install gasket-dkms libedgetpu1-std
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package gasket-dkms
E: Unable to locate package libedgetpu1-std
root@pve:~#

Any help would be appreciated with examples please.

Hi,

the issue is probably just caused because you never run an actual apt update, so the package index of the newly added repo isn't yet available and known to the system.
You tried with using sudo, but as sudo is apparently not installed it failed:
Bash:
sudo apt-get update

If you're already logged in as root you do not need sudo anyway, just execute:
Bash:
apt update
and then retry the installation.

Hi,

the issue is probably just caused because you never run an actual apt update, so the package index of the newly added repo isn't yet available and known to the system.
You tried with using sudo, but as sudo is apparently not installed it failed:

If you're already logged in as root you do not need sudo anyway, just execute:
Bash:
apt update
and then retry the installation.
I have been able to install the repositories however i still get the error that no such file or directory?
Code:
root@pve:~# lspci -nn | grep 089a
03:00.0 System peripheral [0880]: Global Unichip Corp. Coral Edge TPU [1ac1:089a]
root@pve:~# ls /dev/apex_0
ls: cannot access '/dev/apex_0': No such file or directory
root@pve:~#

Is there a solution so that i can proceed ?

First note that in general this is pretty much unrelated to Proxmox VE and maybe better solved in a forum/support channel of the Vendor or a in general TPU related forum.

Still, did you reboot the host after installing the dkms module, or at least explicitly loaded it with modprobe?
As something needs to actually create the device node in /dev.

Any relevant output to that device in the kernel message buffer, check the dmesg command.

First note that in general this is pretty much unrelated to Proxmox VE and maybe better solved in a forum/support channel of the Vendor or a in general TPU related forum.

Still, did you reboot the host after installing the dkms module, or at least explicitly loaded it with modprobe?
As something needs to actually create the device node in /dev.

Any relevant output to that device in the kernel message buffer, check the dmesg command.
Yes did apt update and reboot after installing dkms and still it is not finding

I am still having issues , i thing i have noticed is that when i use the command" find /sys/kernel/iommu_groups/ -type l"
it return nothing is this normal? i installed PVE 7 on to a bare machine using your iso and is update.
Could you give me some guidence?

hi i instaled G650-06076-01 Coral M.2 E-key slot Accelerator
on HP ProDesk 600 G2 DM Core i5 and don't recognize it please help

I was trying to get this working today. I noticed when the kernel module was installed, it complained about missing kernel headers, so I ran this (which will depend on the current kernel version you are running):
apt install pve-headers-5.15.35-1-pve

Once complete, you can reinstall the module:
apt-get install --reinstall gasket-dkms

Then I was able to simply load the modules:
modprobe gasket modprobe apex

Now I have the proper device:
root@proxmox:~# ls -l /dev/apex_0 crw-rw---- 1 root root 120, 0 Jun 19 20:09 /dev/apex_0

Hope this helps someone. Good luck!

I was trying to get this working today. I noticed when the kernel module was installed, it complained about missing kernel headers, so I ran this (which will depend on the current kernel version you are running):

root@proxmox:~# ls -l /dev/apex_0 crw-rw---- 1 root root 120, 0 Jun 19 20:09 /dev/apex_0

Thank you

Thanks!

Bash:
apt install pve-headers

Bash:
apt-get reinstall gasket-dkms libedgetpu1-std

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!