Install of Opencart on pve

graeme

Jun 11, 2023
I run an online shop using opencart v3.0.2.0 on Hostinger but do not want to experiment with my live web site, so I have installed a test setup of the shop on proxmox at home. I intend to have an install that replicates my live site on Hostinger incl php, sql, c-panel, and of cause opencart.

I have installed pve and then LAMP in a CT, with both seem to be working fine. I went through the install of opencart into a CT but struck a problem towards the end of the install. The install required a Domain Name but this is a home server and I don't think that I should use my registered domain that I use on Hostinger.

When I point the browser to the ip address of the opencart admin page I get a connection error. I have tried localhost, the ip address allocated to the opencart CT.

What can I enter for the domain name to allow the browser to connect to the opencart installation.

Attachments

• Screenshot (11).png
    Screenshot (11).png
    238.6 KB · Views: 8

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!