install LXC container into a ZVOL

I have a specific application that runs within docker thats needs a type of low level filesystem support, d_word I think it was, and zfs FS will not support his but instaling the LXC container into a ZVOL would allow me to install ext4 inside the zvol as part of the 'container vm'

The use ZFS with the DIR storage plugin.
This gives you an ext4 in the CT.
But you lose the snapshot capability.

I have a specific application that runs within docker thats needs a type of low level filesystem support, d_word I think it was, and zfs FS will not support his but instaling the LXC container into a ZVOL would allow me to install ext4 inside the zvol as part of the 'container vm'

Why don't you just go with a "real" vm and then ext4 inside? It's still snapshotable, better isolated then lxc and all the glorious PVE features apply fully.

Why don't you just go with a "real" vm and then ext4 inside? It's still snapshotable, better isolated then lxc and all the glorious PVE features apply fully.
Yes, using a full vm is the route I have taken, as I do not want to give up snapshots.

Thanks for all the advice and replies.

David

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!