Install failed on msata drive

madmatrix

Sep 20, 2011
Hi All,

I tried to install 2.1 on a 32GB Kingston msata drive. The motherboard I have has that feature so I use 1TB hard drive for all the VMs. msata is only for proxmox OS. In the installation, it gave me the error "can't create a volume group". I see the proxmox installer detect the msata drive with correct size. It recognizes the drive. Did anyone have similar issue? Is that the issue about Debian not supporting msata install?

Thanks guys for the help.

Lou

I installed 3.2 on an mSATA today. My problem wasn't the mSATA, my problem was the UEFI Bios not really being supported and even after telling the BIOS to do everything Legacy ist still seemed to notice the UEFI stuff.

It being a Debian Bug actually, the only way around was to install a Debian Netinstall Boot Image using PXE and a TFTPD Server.

But at the end of the day I have really fast mSATA running the system and a RAID 10 with enough space for a few VMs.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!