Install Arch Linux

slapshot

Renowned Member
Feb 28, 2012
Hi all,

after having installed Win Xp e Win 7 flawlessy I'm trying now to install Linux distro. I'm starting with Arch Linux which I used to. I completed the usually installation, then unlinked the iso image as cd/dvd in Proxmox VM hardware and tried to reboot ... but this one fails. No bootable hd, I cannot see neither GRUB.

What's wrong in this procedure ?

Thanks

Yes, I'm sure I installed grub.
I'm trying to use scsi disk. Where can I read about ide, scsi, virtio differences and their performance pros/cons ?

error message is: Booting from Hard Disk ...
Boot failed: could not read the boot disk

Thank you

Ok let's try Virtio. I'm using it now to create Arch Linux vm but when I attempt to partition hard disk with Arch Linux installation it was not able to find the drive. Maybe is it a driver virtio problem ? How can I solve it ?

Thank you

Ide installation was succesful ! Now, I will try to switch virtio searching the forum and wiki.

Thanks for the link of Arch Linux.

Just a simple question. On a physical machine, when I have boot problems with Arch I can put in a live distro and fixing where is broken. If I have a problem during the boot of a Arch VM how can I fix it ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!