Innodisk Egpl-101 10Gb nic module

lricc335

Jan 16, 2022
On my Proxmox 8 server based on Asrock Deskmini X300 recently have just physically mounted the Innodisk Egpl-t101 module on one of the 2 Nvme M.2 slots but couldn't install drivers since the integrated nic card stopped working. Just for the sake of the Innodisk module proof of integrity have installed Windows 10 on another boot disk and the module did work regularly. Attached is Proxmox hw/sw config. Please help me

Attachments

• HW list Deskmini X300.txt
    25.7 KB · Views: 4
Update:
By doing a new Promox install both nics came alive on the network node and the integrated one works normally. Now am trying to install the drivers for the 10Gb nic adapter.
Following the Innodisk install instructions
Code:
sudo apt-get install linux-headers-`uname -r` build-essential gawk dkms
Have afterwards prepared a specific folder with the untared drivers.
Have launched drivers install

Code:
sudo ./dkms.sh install
dpkg-query: no packages found matching linux-headers-6.5.11-7-pve

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
To be more specific am adding image showing the results by trying to install the relative drivers. What's wrong?

pxmx shell.jpg

On my Proxmox 8 server based on Asrock Deskmini X300 recently have just physically mounted the Innodisk Egpl-t101 module on one of the 2 Nvme M.2 slots but couldn't install drivers since the integrated nic card stopped working. Just for the sake of the Innodisk module proof of integrity have installed Windows 10 on another boot disk and the module did work regularly. Attached is Proxmox hw/sw config. Please help me
it show what the can find on the internet , I have a Asrock Deskmini X300 filled to the max running proxmox , but was looking for a way to add 10gbt , but today had a video come up on youtube about the innodick egpl-101 which peaked my interest.

So how did it go ? does it now work with the deskmini ? ,

As a matter of fact, after updating to 8.1.4 10Gb Innodisk nic has been recognized by the system and now both nics are working. The only problem is that on boot the Innodisk nic is recognized randomly (i.e. when ok Innodisk nic is recognized as enp1s0 and the integrated nic as enp3s0 while when not ok only the integrated nic is recognized as enp2s0 and in this way the server is not reachable).

As a matter of fact, after updating to 8.1.4 10Gb Innodisk nic has been recognized by the system and now both nics are working. The only problem is that on boot the Innodisk nic is recognized randomly (i.e. when ok Innodisk nic is recognized as enp1s0 and the integrated nic as enp3s0 while when not ok only the integrated nic is recognized as enp2s0 and in this way the server is not reachable).
it does that if you put in a any nvme drive , after add a nvme ssd I could work out why I could not log in , then logging in locally found it had changed the network letters.

it does that if you put in a any nvme drive , after add a nvme ssd I could work out why I could not log in , then logging in locally found it had changed the network letters.
That's right. in fact on the nvme slot 2 have mounted an ssd where are stored vm's and when the server is not reachable have checked the mismatch by logging in locally.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!