Initial Questions

PremiumVM

Dec 11, 2012
Hello,

I'm probably going to be using Proxmox for my KVM VPS platform. 2 questions:

1) Is there a user interface that customers can use to manage their VPS (like a SolusVM alternative)?
2) How can I get KVM OS templates that are compatible with Proxmox?

No doubt I'll have more, but they are just starters.

Regards,
Dominic L
PremiumVM

AFAIU there are no KVM OS templates supplied with Proxmox; there was a recent thread about this.

Hello,

I'm probably going to be using Proxmox for my KVM VPS platform. 2 questions:

1) Is there a user interface that customers can use to manage their VPS (like a SolusVM alternative)?

No doubt I'll have more, but they are just starters.

Regards,
Dominic L
PremiumVM
Hi Dominic,
1.: for this you have the pve-gui with different access-rules. Create an user with the right rules (and also include the VMs) and the customer see only the own VMs...
2.: create an basic VM and backup them - after that you can restore from this backup several VMs... It's not an real template but for many cases enough.

If you look for predefined VMs - this is more for OpenVZ CTs available, but you can convert a lot of formats so that an VM for vmware is also usable on pve (but more work is doing before).

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!