Initial feed for spam filter

michabbs

May 5, 2020
I have large collection of old spam (and much larger storage of "ham"). How can I use it in order to "teach" newly configured PMG? What is "the correct way" to provide PMG with samples of spam/ham?

PMG's spamdetector is (using) SpamAssassin - the learning component of SpamAssassin is its Bayes implementation:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/spamassassin/BayesInSpamAssassin

PMG uses the local database of user root for it's bayes db - so you should run sa-learn on your mailboxes as root (make sure Bayes is enabled before in the GUI->Configuration->Spam Detector->Options)

If possible please let us know how this affects your detection rates
Thanks!

Is it enough to do it on one node only?
no the bayes-db is not synchronized in any way - you need to run this on all your nodes (or learn on one node, stop pmg-smtp-filter, and sync /root/.spamassassin to the other nodes.

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!