InfoBlox on KVM/Proxmox

thesubmitter

Jun 5, 2012
I'm trying to get infoblox server to work on proxmox kvm.

The Infoblox setup calls for somethign like this:
<interface type='network'>
<rom bar='off' />
<source network='MGMT'/>
<model type='virtio'/>
<address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/>
</interface>
<interface type='network'>
<source network='LAN1'/>
<rom bar='off' />
<model type='virtio'/>
<address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x06' function='0x0'/>
</interface>

I'm understanding that the interfaces in the VM need to be named MGMT, LAN1

I've tried doing this so far in the kvm config, but no dice....
args: -net nic,model=e1000,name=MGMT,bridge=vmbr0
balloon: 0

I can't find documentation for the options....

Hi,

You can't set the NIC name of the VM on the hypervisor.
If you need to rename a nic from a KVM VM you can do this with udev rules in the VM.

Also, your libvirt config uses virtio nic and not e1000 and the MGMT is only the bridge where the nic is connected.

Just as a followup the only thing required was to have multiple network interfaces - i put 4 using regular gui method

mind if you shared how you got this working? (and what version of nios?). I'm having issues importing the KVM and it always ends up with a fatal error during setup.

mind if you shared how you got this working? (and what version of nios?). I'm having issues importing the KVM and it always ends up with a fatal error during setup.
oh never mind. figured it out. had to use virtio interfaces, it did not like the e1000's. thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!