Individual blacklists/whitelists

jlipari

Jun 12, 2008
I'm currently using the free version of Proxmox, and the individual blacklists and whitelists that the users create through the web interface do not seem to apply to any e-mails. Does this feature not work in the free version?

Thanks

I'm currently using the free version of Proxmox, and the individual blacklists and whitelists that the users create through the web interface do not seem to apply to any e-mails. Does this feature not work in the free version?

Thanks

the personal black and whitelist is a feature of the personal quarantine.

so you need to enable the quarantine first. in the free version, just add the the action object "quarantine" to the EXISTING spam rule (in the free version, you cannot add new rules, but this is not a problem here),

now, you will get daily reports. for all information about the quarantine, pls take a look into the documentation (admin guide).

I do have the quarantine enabled. The nightly e-mails go out to each user, and they can use the link to view their personal quarantine box. It allows them to add addresses to the blacklist/whitelist, and I can view those lists, but they don't appear to work.

Thanks

I do have the quarantine enabled. The nightly e-mails go out to each user, and they can use the link to view their personal quarantine box. It allows them to add addresses to the blacklist/whitelist, and I can view those lists, but they don't appear to work.

Thanks

so you have more infos, logs, samples?

1. post what you are blacklisting.
2. then go to the mail tracking center and query such a blacklisted email which goes through - post these logs here.

Ok, I'll try to gather that info.

Should the logs show an entry that the e-mail matched a whitelist or blacklist?

Thanks

Ok, I'll try to gather that info.

Should the logs show an entry that the e-mail matched a whitelist or blacklist?

Thanks

as you told that the blacklist does not work for your it should show a not blacklisted email (which you blacklisted in the personal blacklist).

Sorry, should have given an example - If I have an e-mail address in the whitelist, and I receive an e-mail from that address, how do I know if the e-mail is matching the whitelist, or if that particular message came through just because it didn't get tagged as spam (maybe only some e-mails from this address get marked as spam)? Should the log show some kind of "matched whitelist" entry?

Is there a private address I can send a screenshot and logs to?

Thanks

Sorry, should have given an example - If I have an e-mail address in the whitelist, and I receive an e-mail from that address, how do I know if the e-mail is matching the whitelist, or if that particular message came through just because it didn't get tagged as spam (maybe only some e-mails from this address get marked as spam)? Should the log show some kind of "matched whitelist" entry?

Is there a private address I can send a screenshot and logs to?

Thanks

send the info to t.huber@proxmox.com

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!