Inbound internet traffic being dropped

hwwilliams

Aug 31, 2020
Hey,

I have a VM with Nginx on it that I'm trying to test with and although everything else is working, I can see in the VM firewall logs within the Proxmox console that all the traffic from the internet is dropped.

The port forwarding on my router is fine and working as I can see the traffic from the public services I'm testing with in the Proxmox console firewall logs. I have configured firewall rules to accept incoming traffic for HTTP and HTTPS, I even set them as reject for several minutes but the firewall logs continued to show drop.

The Nginx server is also working fine as the internal server firewall is completely disabled and I can access Nginx within my home network as defined by the management firewall rules that are configured as shown below.

Is there some default rules somewhere that are configured to drop non-private classes of IP addresses?

These are the only rules I have configured on the VM.
1598838600742.png

This is the IPSet I used as a source.
1598838676605.png

These are the aliases within the IPSet.
1598838738364.png

Below is a picture of the firewall log output as shown in the Proxmox console, its showing a Amazon owned IP address attempting to access port 443 as I was using a Route 53 health check for a previous web server.
1598838482343.png

Thank you,

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!