Importing Qemu from VMManager ISPsystem

redium

Dec 16, 2019
Hi,

I need to find out how i can import a Qemu from the system vmmanager from ISPSystem.

Can some one help me how to start. With this i'm very new to proxmox.

Thank you.
I don't understand the follow thing in VMManager I can find the disk and see it is a qemu disk

I get the follow details from the XML.

<disk type='file' device='disk'>
<driver name='qemu' type='qcow2'/>
<source file='/vm/vm4015'/>
<backingStore/>
<target dev='vda' bus='virtio'/>
<boot order='2'/>
<alias name='virtio-disk0'/>

So te file name is called vm4015 how can I import this in Proxmox do I need to change the name to vm4015.img or something.

I hope someone can help me.

I have tried the follow thing and get an error.

root@nl:~# qm importdisk 121 vm4015 local-lvm
importing disk 'vm4015' to VM 121 ...
Logical volume "vm-121-disk-1" created.
transferred: 0 bytes remaining: 20971520000 bytes total: 20971520000 bytes progression: 0.00 %
qemu-img: output file is smaller than input file
Logical volume "vm-121-disk-1" successfully removed
copy failed: command '/usr/bin/qemu-img convert -p -n -f raw -O raw vm4015 zeroinit:/dev/pve/vm-121-disk-1' failed: exit code 1

The ISPSystem VMmanager KVM using "virsh" utility.

Do have someone an idea of how to solve it.

Is the file called vm4015.img or vm4015?

The qm command needs the full path to the file after you uploaded it to your Proxmox VE server.

It's already solved I have found the right solution it very easily created a VM in proxmox then remove the disk and import the old disk from vmmanager.
And it works.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!