Import OVF into LVM

masteryoda

Jun 28, 2020
Hi

Question1:

I imported a few Ubuntu VMs from ESXi into PVE. this is he command i used.

qm importovf 111 /mnt/usbdevice/websrv/websrv.ovf local-array --format qcow2

I'm able to start the VM without any issues. However I'm unable to take any snapshots.

If i create an identical VM from scratch in PVE with the exact config, i'm able to

What am i missing here?

Question 2:
I have a dell server with attached SAS storage + a separate smaller dedicated SSD. I installed PVE on the SSD and 4TB SAS storage as my LVM storage. So PVE created a smallish LVM-Thin on my SSD. I want this to be moved to the SAS storage

Can I assign all of the storage as LVM-Thin?

I already created this as LVM. Is there a way to convert or carve out some of the storage as LVM-Thin?

Total Noob here.......

Hi,

what storage type are local-array? if this is an LVM there are no snapshots.

Can I assign all of the storage as LVM-Thin?
Yes.

already created this as LVM. Is there a way to convert or carve out some of the storage as LVM-Thin?
The plain LVM yes, but not the already created VM on this storage.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!