Im new to proxmox

you've got netmark instead of netmask
Anyway remove that whole "netmark" line, & instead add /24 to the end of the address so that you now have:
192.168.0.50/24

Well the enp1s0 is also typed out wrong. I just feel there's more issue caused by manually editing files.

I would literally suggest to reinstall PVE with simple statically defined 192.168.0.<x>/24. Make that <x> what you want, but make sure it is not part of the DHCP pool on the router. E.g. make it 200 and end the DHCP pool on 199 intead 254.

I believe it's the fastest and most reliable way to get a predictable result.

Reactions: milew
Hostname : pve.local
Ip address: 192.168.0.200 /24
Gateway: 192.168.0.1
DNS: DNS is 90.207.238.97 (not 192.168.0.1)

added this to the new installed proxmox not changed any of the files

Network cable id DOWN

1722529542562.png

and your setup is

1722529616678.png

Can you connect proxmox to the router via cable?

my router is eth, but the mini pc i installed proxmox on is wifi

Hang on a second, the ethernet interface is DOWN on your previous outputs. Are you saying you are not connecting the PVE installed mini PC to the router just expect WiFi card to work?

Hang on a second, the ethernet interface is DOWN on your previous outputs. Are you saying you are not connecting the PVE installed mini PC to the router just expect WiFi card to work?
ummm, yeah...should i hook up an eth? i thought wifi would be recognised by proxmox

ummm, yeah...should i hook up an eth? i thought wifi would be recognised by proxmox

Just a tip - if something never asked for your WPA passphrase, it definitely would not be anywhere on the network reachable. :)

Anyhow, now we figured it out, do not edit the files, all you need is to plug it in.

Just a tip - if something never asked for your WPA passphrase, it definitely would not be anywhere on the network reachable. :)

Anyhow, now we figured it out, do not edit the files, all you need is to plug it in.
Thank you :) I will order an eth cable cos the ones i have are to short.

The mini pc i have is the UN100D minusforum

specs:
  • Great 12th Gen Alder Lake-N100 Processor】MINISFORUM UN100D Mini PC is equipped with the latest 12th Gen Intel Alder Lake N100 Processor((4C/4T, 6M Smart Cache, up to 3.4GHz, 6W TDP), the performance is 25% higher than N5105 Processor.
  • 【Triple 4K Output】MINISFORUM N100 Mini PC comes with 1xHDMI, 1xDP and 1xUSB-C video output, all of them support 4K@60Hz. You could connect three monitors at the same time to improve your working efficiency or enjoy a variety of entertainments.
  • 【Expandable Capacity】This Micro PC has pre-installed 16GB LPDDR5 RAM(Max 4000MHz) and 512GB M.2 2280 SATA SSD, you could replace the SSD up to 2TB. There is another 2.5inch SATA HDD slot is available, you could install a 2TB HDD(thickness is within 7mm) by yourself and the TF Card slot also allows you to expand more storage.
  • 【2.5Gbps LAN】This UN100D Small Form Factor comes with Two 2500Mbps Lan Port, it expands its functions and improved performance of computer to a large extent and allows you to use more networks such as software routers (OpenWRT / DD-WRT / Tomato etc.), firewalls, NAT, network isolation etc.
  • 【Rich Interfaces】UN100D Mini Computer has 1x HDMI Port, 1x DP Port, 2x 2.5G RJ45 Port, 2x USB3.2 Gen2 Type-A Port, 1x USB2.0 Type-A Port, 1x USB3.2 Gen2 Type-C Port(Alt Data DP and PD), 1x Audio Jack. The new upgraded USB3.2 Gen2 ports run at up to 10 Gbps speeds, which is 2 times faster than USB3.0. You can connect various computer accessories without problem.
  • 【Package Contents】1x UN100D Mini PC, 1x HDMI Cable, 1x US Power Adpater, 1x Manual

Thank you :) I will order an eth cable cos the ones i have are to short.

The mini pc i have is the UN100D minusforum

specs:
  • Great 12th Gen Alder Lake-N100 Processor】MINISFORUM UN100D Mini PC is equipped with the latest 12th Gen Intel Alder Lake N100 Processor((4C/4T, 6M Smart Cache, up to 3.4GHz, 6W TDP), the performance is 25% higher than N5105 Processor.
  • 【Triple 4K Output】MINISFORUM N100 Mini PC comes with 1xHDMI, 1xDP and 1xUSB-C video output, all of them support 4K@60Hz. You could connect three monitors at the same time to improve your working efficiency or enjoy a variety of entertainments.
  • 【Expandable Capacity】This Micro PC has pre-installed 16GB LPDDR5 RAM(Max 4000MHz) and 512GB M.2 2280 SATA SSD, you could replace the SSD up to 2TB. There is another 2.5inch SATA HDD slot is available, you could install a 2TB HDD(thickness is within 7mm) by yourself and the TF Card slot also allows you to expand more storage.
  • 【2.5Gbps LAN】This UN100D Small Form Factor comes with Two 2500Mbps Lan Port, it expands its functions and improved performance of computer to a large extent and allows you to use more networks such as software routers (OpenWRT / DD-WRT / Tomato etc.), firewalls, NAT, network isolation etc.
  • 【Rich Interfaces】UN100D Mini Computer has 1x HDMI Port, 1x DP Port, 2x 2.5G RJ45 Port, 2x USB3.2 Gen2 Type-A Port, 1x USB2.0 Type-A Port, 1x USB3.2 Gen2 Type-C Port(Alt Data DP and PD), 1x Audio Jack. The new upgraded USB3.2 Gen2 ports run at up to 10 Gbps speeds, which is 2 times faster than USB3.0. You can connect various computer accessories without problem.
  • 【Package Contents】1x UN100D Mini PC, 1x HDMI Cable, 1x US Power Adpater, 1x Manual

That's totally fine, I know lots of people use these for PVE at home. I ran PVE on Intel NUCs just fine. But I literally do not want to have the PTSD from getting the wpasupplicant work on Debian to get WiFi access (it would work eventually). For PVE, even if it's just single-node, I would definitely use cable.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!