iGPU passthrough problem

Bestbeast

Jul 29, 2016
Hello,

I am currently testing integrated gpu passthrough to some of my VMs, with proxmox, but it seems I am not able to achieve a correct result of it.
At the first beginning, I tried myself to install a Windows VM without touching any proxmox config and I was able to passthrough the GPU to the VM, not as the primary one, just as another gpu, but once I tried to install the driver of it, I got blue error windows screen.
Then I started searching for a good practise passthrough of the GPU and found this:
I followed this few tutorial settings: https://lunar.computer/posts/gpu-passthrough-proxmox-60/
But it didn't get any better. I am able to access the VM via RDP just few minutes, with the igpu passed through to the VM as primary GPU, but once windows starts to install the drive, the rdp connection drops, probably because of another blue screen error, with the following message:
system thread exception not handled
what went wrong: igdkmd64.sys

Has anyone achieved to passthrough the igpu correctly?
I have already tried other softwares, as UNRAID, and in that case, I was not having such problems, and I was not expecing to have any with proxmox, as both uses KVM as hypervisor.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards

Last edited:
Hello,

I have tried new fresh installation, but instead of new proxmox, I tried with 6.0-4, and it didn't work either. :(

Kind regards

Hello,

I am running new proxmox version, and when running:

update-initramfs -u

I am getting this output:

update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.3.10-1-pve
Running hook script 'zz-pve-efiboot'..
Re-executing '/etc/kernel/postinst.d/zz-pve-efiboot' in new private mount namespace..
No /etc/kernel/pve-efiboot-uuids found, skipping ESP sync.

is that normal?

I am also not getting any output when running:

find /sys/kernel/iommu_groups/ -type l

Kind regards

Hello all,

So after a lot of wasted hours searching for information and trying different driver/windows/proxmox versions, it seems everything worked with proxmox 5.4.
Do you have any clue on what could be affecting the VM in new proxmox 6.1?

Kind regards

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!