idle proccesses

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by fropa, Mar 14, 2019.

1. fropa

fropa New Member

Hi, I use Proxmox, version '5.1-38' and I'm fighting to a CPU load right now. I viewed processes with ps command and there are some idle processes as I think. I often use the command '# lxc-console n ' and there are processes like that :

'
    root 10776 0.0 0.0 14688 1624 ? Ss Feb01 0:00 /usr/bin/dtach -A /var/run/dtach/vzctlconsole164 -r winch -z lxc-console -n 164 LANG=en_US.UTF-8 PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin INVOCATION_ID=22bf842e25254ffaa49ab8e770629d15 JOURNAL_STREAM=9:16362 PVE_DAEMON_LOCK_FD=4 PVE_DAEMON_SOCKET_85=6 LVM_SUPPRESS_FD_WARNINGS=1 TERM=xterm
    '

are they zombie processes and can is it harmless to kill them?

2. oguz

oguz Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

From what I can tell, those are the processes for the console in the GUI.

If the GUI console is open, killing those processes will make them disconnect and reconnect. If no console in GUI is open, the processes stay dead.

Not zombie processes, but rather harmless to kill them, the worst that can happen is you lose the current terminal session, but I'm not sure how much that will bring you in terms of resources.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice