I want to use single mouse and keyboard in 3 VMs. Is it possible? How ?

pilgrimage

Oct 17, 2021
Hi guys, proxmox 3 vm is available now. ubuntu, mac os big sur and windows 10. They are connected to 3 monitors and with GPU passthrough, I can take images from the monitors without any problems. I want to use Mouse and keyboard between VMs. What is the way to do this? I want to switch from ubuntu on my left screen to windows on my right screen or switch back to mac os.

I want to do the process in the following minutes of this video.
18:20 : 18:54
https://youtu.be/lztH7BUxIoM?t=1100

As the video appears, can copy paste between operating systems? How can he do this? There must be a way ?

thankyou for support.

Last edited:
Back then when Synergy was free I used that to work on different Linux + Win machines using one Mouse and Keyboard. You can try Barrier which is a free Fork of Synergy.

Last edited:
Reactions: pvps1
If you for example want to use barrier you need to install it to all of your guests that you want to use it for. Then setup barrier on all guests and one of your VMs will work as a server where you attach your mouse and keyboard. Your mouse/keyboard inputs are then send over the network to the clients.

Last edited:
3 Bluetooth dongles , Logitech keyboard mouse which can switch between 3 bluetooth devices should do it

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!