I seem to have lost the sidebar in the webGUI...

Artorius

Jan 4, 2022
While performing some first time setup tasks following this video, the sidebar on the webGUI has gone missing after rebooting the server. Couldn't find anything in Proxmox settings or on the forums for how to restore the side panel which shows the datacenter, nodes, storage, etc. Ideas?

proxmox_missing_sidebar.png

Naturally, 5 minutes after posting to the forums, I found the solution on accident. Noob. Posting the result in case anyone else has this issue...

The sidebar is resizable by placing the mouse cursor over the divider and click+drag to resize. Normal operation doesn't allow me to resize so small as to completely collapse the side panel (which was the issue), so I don't know what I did to fully collapse the side panel, but it can be restored by simply click+drag back to normal size even if it is collapsed. The mouse cursor should change to a horizontal reposition cursor when hovering over the divider, even if it is at the far left of the screen; this is what clued me in on the solution.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!