I need your help , Error starting virtual machine

大魔王

Jan 11, 2020
Good evening, everyone active in the Forum
I read a lot of documentation about proxmox building a VM on the network, but it didn't help me. I'm stupid. I can't even install a virtual machine. I know this PVE system for the first time, and I am unfamiliar with it. In this part, I spent two days trying to solve it myself. Limited knowledge, I can't solve this problem, you can give me some suggestions. If I can, I need a primer on proxmox as a reference Thanks!

Virtual machine configuration information

1579085812621.png

This is its log error message. I can read the error message, but I don't know how to do it

1579085952486.png
1579085971790.png

The last screenshot shows the real issue. Your system currently does not supports hardware accelerated virtualization.

Either:
* It is just enabled in UEFI/BIOS settings of the firmware, check there and enable virtualization support (it's called a bit different on every Hardware)
* your system really does not supports it. Then you could go for the slower emulation by disabling KVM hardware virtualization in the VM options:
Screenshot_2020-01-15 nina - Proxmox Virtual Environment.png

But as said, this will be a lot slower - so try to enable the VT capabilities in the BIOS first.

What CPU and motherboard do you use?

Reactions: 大魔王
God, I didn't think of the BIOS of the physical motherboard. When I first came into contact with VMware, I had a similar problem. I was stupid. To make such a mistake。
Your suggestion is very good, which makes me successfully solve this obstacle
Thank you very much!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!