i have gone backup crond random day how to fix ?

hack3rb43

Dec 28, 2015
I set up crond backup already, but some days crond backup is lost for no reason. And did not remove it. Must be new. Almost every week

What causes this to happen? Help me solve it

Attachments

• 2017-11-18_003452.jpg
    2017-11-18_003452.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 8
I set up crond backup already, but some days crond backup is lost for no reason. And did not remove it. Must be new. Almost every week

What causes this to happen? Help me solve it

Check the syslog if there are any notes made when the backup had to start.

my syslog

root@pve90:~# cat /var/log/syslog | grep vzd
Nov 20 18:19:01 pve90 cron[14430]: (*system*vzdump) RELOAD (/etc/cron.d/vzdump)
root@pve90:~#

and crond backup has gone agian

i try yo see log on proxmox

time 18.18 my log has been destroy vm and after destroy vm crond job backup has edit and gone

Attachments

• 2017-11-20_205453.jpg
    2017-11-20_205453.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 2
my syslog

root@pve90:~# cat /var/log/syslog | grep vzd
Nov 20 18:19:01 pve90 cron[14430]: (*system*vzdump) RELOAD (/etc/cron.d/vzdump)
root@pve90:~#

and crond backup has gone agian

i try yo see log on proxmox

time 18.18 my log has been destroy vm and after destroy vm crond job backup has edit and gone

Since VM 119 dis not exist at 18:19 backup cannot be made. However, delivered data is too less for complete understanding. A complete pvereport and the whole syslog (not just one line as above) may illuminate the situation.

I have a fix issue with

If the backup all but the backup crond will not disappear, but if the vm removed from the backup machine will disappear immediately.

I wrote cron to fix /etc/pve/vzdump every day, cron did not disappear.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!