I done goofed up :( - OS partition wiped

droidus

Apr 5, 2020
Sorry for the silly title. I thought I had proxmox running on my raid hds. I wanted to update my bios, so I pulled out the USB stick, saw proxmox on it, and didn't make the connection. I wiped it, and put the BIOS update files on the USB stick.
Now my proxmox instance won't boot. I get to the blue screen (i guess grub), and select proxmox, and it throws a kernel panic, and says it will reboot in 30 seconds. Is there any way I can restore functionality?

Not sure if this helps but I believe you can try to re-install grub from rescue mode?

Eoin

I did try creating a bootable usb of the latest version, and when I booted from USB, it seemed to work fine. I was able to power on some VMs. But then I noticed some odd behavior, like the "sudo" command not found.

EDIT: I did a reboot, and now it won't boot at all. Here is what I am encountering. It looks like some kind of hardware error?

error.jpg

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!