[SOLVED] Huge problem with RDP to some of the VMs, can't ping either

marivesel

Nov 30, 2021
Hello,

I have 15 VMs on a Proxmox:
- 1 Windows Server 2019 VM with AD-DC (Active Directory - Domain Controller)
- 14 Windows 10 VMs for Workstations, which are used via RDP from other PC's

From time to time, some of the workstation Win10 VM's are not available either via DNS name, or by IP Address. If I connect to them via Proxmox GUI, they have internet and they can ping the Proxmox host and the AD-DC Server, but they don't see (and can't be seen) of the other VMs (or stationary PC's in the same network). From time to time, when restarted, they bring back their connection, but today it's miserable - 4 VM's are not available by ping and RDP, even after Restore from backup, restart of switch, restart of Proxmox host, restart of AD-DC... nothing helps and I don't know what it can be?

I tried installing E1000 virtual networks (instead of VirtIO) on the problematic VM's, but did not help.
How can I find out where is the problem?

Found the problem... I have installed AVAST Antivirus on the VM's and it is blocking the inbound connections via it's built-in Firewall...

Reactions: bobmc

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!