huawei rh2285 server install proxmox for zfs

m4ak

Mar 26, 2021
huawei rh2285h v2
cpu e5-2407
mem 32G
disk sas 600G *4
raid car lsi 2308-IT

Install ProxMox5.4 in ISO mode, select ZFS (RAID1 RAID10 RAIDZ-1) during the installation process, can be successfully installed, but only ZFS RAID1 can boot into the system, the other two modes are error, can not enter the system, the error is as follows

error: no such device, error: unknown filesystem, Entering rescue mode​

On GRUB Rescue ls , (hd0) (hd0,gpt3) (hd0,gpt2) (hd0,gpt1) see no other disk information

安装信息.JPG
1616724771496.png

There is also PROXMOX version 6.0 or higher that cannot be installed. Get the IP address information in dhcp, stop in the done interface, and then prompt ctrl+d to exit the installation. I don’t know why this is. Is there any change in the installation parameters for versions 5.4 and 6.0? ?
1616725150303.png

According to the method of https://github.com/morph027/pve-iso-2-pxe, install the version 6.0 or higher using PXE method, the installation can be successful using hardware RAID, but the installation cannot be successful using ZFS (RAID1 RAID10 RAIDZ-1), about When the installation reaches 95%, it fails, the screen starts to be blurred, and no information can be seen.

下面是PXE引导菜单的参数

1616726101816.png

Can you start the installer in UEFI mode? Then please install PVE in UEFI mode. The reason is that with ZFS as root FS in UEFI mode, systemd-boot is used as boot loader instead of GRUB. GRUBs ZFS support is very limited.

The first problem, that GRUB does not see all disks is something I have seen in other servers as well, where the RAID controller does not present all disks in the phase where GRUB is started. I personally have on like that and since it is some older hardware that does not yet support UEFI, I went ahead and used 2 disks in a mirror for the OS itself.

Can you start the installer in UEFI mode? Then please install PVE in UEFI mode. The reason is that with ZFS as root FS in UEFI mode, systemd-boot is used as boot loader instead of GRUB. GRUBs ZFS support is very limited.

The first problem, that GRUB does not see all disks is something I have seen in other servers as well, where the RAID controller does not present all disks in the phase where GRUB is started. I personally have on like that and since it is some older hardware that does not yet support UEFI, I went ahead and used 2 disks in a mirror for the OS itself.
Thank you for your reply. If only you could reply me earlier. Yesterday, I installed two servers in the way of legacy and started the virtual machine.

I have several servers to install now, and I will switch to UEFI mode. If necessary, I migrate the virtual machines on the first two servers and then re install them in the way of UEFI.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!