HPE ProLiant MicroServer G10+ V2

etops-370

Jul 25, 2023
Hello,

I am new to this forum and to Proxmox too. I was planning to purchase this HPE Server in order to run an Proxmox environment:

ProLiant MicroServer G10+ V2​

Can anybody confirm that Proxmox supports this HW?

And since this server supports only 4 discs, did somebody install an SSD on the PCI expansion slot for the OS?

Any recommendations?

Thank you!

Regards

I have two v1 nodes running PVE 7 with no problems. Sorry, I haven't tried using the Pci slot.
Thanks, that helps.

And where did you install the boot OS PVE7? Or do you boot from an USB stick?

Thanks for your support.

Don't do that, Proxmox will destroy the flash memory quite quickly. A (slow, small) HDD is good enough for the Proxmox installation, VMs prefer an enterprise SSD (with PLP).
Thanks for your advice, and how about installing PVE on a low profile PCIe add-in card NVMe SSD?

Thanks for your advice, and how about installing PVE on a low profile PCIe add-in card NVMe SSD?
Does it have Power Loss Protection (PLP)? Otherwise TLC (or MLC (better) or SLC (best) but definitely not QLC) will probably work fine for Proxmox installation and slow/cold storage. Lots of threads on this forum about storage, HDD, NVMe and SSD questions and answers. Don't just trust me, I'm a random stranger on the internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: etops-370

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!