[SOLVED] HP Z400 Installation

shizen

Apr 28, 2020
Hi,

i try to install Proxmox on a HP Z400 from 2011. After Loading Ramdisk the monitor is black and the fan goes up.
Any suggestions?

Greetings

Hallo @shizen and welcome to Proxmox :cool:

We have here an Z420 and it works fine, maybe some biosssettings. Could you reset the bios for the first time and test it again? Also check that virtualization is enabled. Maybe update to latest firmware is also an good idea.

I am also trying to install Proxmox 6.2-4 and I am having the same problem. I have already updated the BIOS of my HP Z400 to the latest available version 3.61 Rev.A, but the problem remains.

The GRUB screen appears and after selecting the installation option, it starts loading drivers, waits for DHCP packets and then, after receiving the IP address, the screen goes out and everything is black. Then the monitor displays a message that the resolution is not supported.

From all I researched, it seems that the problem is related to the video card and monitor set. Apparently, it tries to load a video configuration (the one where the mouse starts to work and the proxmox license appears), but the monitor does not recognize it. It uses an old NVIDIA Quadro 2000 1GB graphics card that has a DVI type video output, but my monitor has a VGA input, so I use an adapter.

I have six HP's Z400 to install the Proxmox and I'm getting worried ... Everyone uses the same video card and I had planned to install the Proxmox but this little problem in the installation is frustrating me.

These machines were running on Windows 7 pro, the system I'm replacing with Proxmox. When I use HD with Windows 7, everything works fine on my monitor. But to install Proxmox I am not getting it.

Any idea?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!