HP T620 Thin client with Realtek ethernet port

stuartbh

Dec 2, 2019
ProxMox users, developers, et alia:

I am running the latest ProxMox kernel (5.19) and ProxMox works rather nices on this system (granted it is a "light weight" server, if you can even call this system a server!). The network card in it is a Realtek (as depicted herein below from lspci). The throughput of the Ethernet controller seems to be no so good when I create a vmbr0 and let a VM use it.

I have not changed or customized the driver at all, it is running just as a would succeeding a basic installation of ProxMox thereupon this system. Can anyone suggest anything I can try to increase the throughput of the Ethernet card in the T620 thin client?

01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 0c)

Thanks in advance and stay safe and healthy.

Stuart

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!