HP Smart Array controller B320i Proliant dl380e gen8 for proxmox

V

victornavelino

Hello People .. I recognize Rigid disks during installation of Proxmox see 2.3, .. the problem is I can not find a driver for the smart array controller dynamic hp b320i on any side to install a debian and then Proxmox ... someone could fix this?

The server is a HP proliant dl380e Gen8, from the web hp give support single windows, redhat, suse and vmware
regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Please post in English (e.g. translate your post with Google)

Hello People .. I recognize Rigid disks during installation of Proxmox see 2.3, .. the problem is I can not find a driver for the smart array controller dynamic hp b320i on any side to install a debian and then Proxmox ... someone could fix this?

The server is a HP proliant dl380e Gen8, from the web hp give support single windows, redhat, suse and vmware
regards

Hello,
the Proxmox 3.0 doesn’t detect correctly the Smart Array D320i /dev/sda , it said 256Mo, as it should 300Go, so the partitioning failed
i duno how to manage this situation
i think the information Getting started is for the post install configuration ?
thank's

update :
the /dev/sda in this case is the read only flashcard (256Mo)

i have succeed to install… a CentOS 6.4 ;(
with raid setup with help of external driver disk

the driver disk contain a rpm
kmod-hpvsa-1.2.6-13.rhel6u4.x86_64.rpm witch contain also a kernel extention hpvsa.ko and
also there is a config
/etc/depmod.d/hpvsa.conf that contain :
override hpvsa 2.6.32-* weak-updates/hpvsa

it has modified /boot/initramfs-2.6.32-358.6.2.el6.x86_64.img for including the kernel extention hpvsa.ko

does the
hpvsa.ko should be installed in the proxmox kernel ?

is there any // setup for debian ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!