HP Proliant problem, proxmox 3.0

andrea68

Renowned Member
Jun 30, 2010
Hi,

I have 2 HP DL380 G7.
I proceed to install proxmox on both machines with latest version.
On the first one it's seems all working fine, on second one I had a problem: whenever I restart the server an error booting (illegal OpCode) happened...
Now I try to reinstall proxmox.

Meantime digging about this problem I see maybe could be a Grub-related problem.
Someone out there have same kind of problem?

Thanks...

UPDATE: A fresh installation goes well, the problem rise after a full upgrade to latest patches and kernel.

Can someone confirm that?

This is the error at boot that I see when I start the server (after a full upgrade of proxmox3).
At this point I can just restart manually the machine and I see error again...

Schermata 2013-06-27 alle 18.08.34.jpg

Now, after a clean install of Proxmox 3.0 (a very very slow one), the server start with many others errors like this ones:

Schermata 2013-06-28 alle 17.02.27.jpg

But after a long time (approx. 10/15 minutes!!!) started correctly and seems working...

Just for clarification: first error occured just when I upgrade to latest patches and kernel proxmox 3.
Digging on internet I found some HP link that said it's a Grub problem.

The second image instead show what happened after a clean installation of Proxmox 3.
The server has an hardware raid that proxmox recognise without problem during the installation.
If I restart the server I see many and many of these errors, but eventually server started and worked.

Anyone has seen something similar?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I know that this is several months old but I was running into the same problem recently with some BL360 G6 blades. After much trial and error I figured out that my BIOS had one of the onboard NICs had network boot enabled and even though I had the HDDs set to boot first it still wouldn't work. As soon as I disabled network boot on that NIC I didn't get any more errors and the servers boot properly.

I know that this is several months old but I was running into the same problem recently with some BL360 G6 blades. After much trial and error I figured out that my BIOS had one of the onboard NICs had network boot enabled and even though I had the HDDs set to boot first it still wouldn't work. As soon as I disabled network boot on that NIC I didn't get any more errors and the servers boot properly.

Well, thank you anyway!!! Maybe it will be useful for someone else! :D

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!