HP Proliant DL380e Gen8 - S.M.A.R.T. and other diagnostics in iLO

shalak

May 9, 2021
Hello!

I'm running Proxmox 7.0, I installed the hp-ams from deb http://downloads.linux.hpe.com/SDR/repo/mcp jessie/current non-free (there was no hp-ams in buster nor in stretch repos.

I'm running RAID-1 and RAID-6 on P40 in this machine - how can I see the diagnostics od hard drives? Proxmox GUI show "UNKNOWN" in the S.M.A.R.T. column and showing full report produces Error getting S.M.A.R.T. data: Exit code: 1 (500).

When I open the Proliants iLO GUI, all I can see that given disk has "Status: OK", nothing fancy.

How can I monitor the health of my drives?

AFAIK, the HP controllers don't pass the SMART data to the host OS

AFAIK, the HP controllers don't pass the SMART data to the host OS

That's a bummer. I was hoping that installing hp-ams would enable this kind of diagnostics to be available somewhere - either in host OS or in iLO interface.

But still, there must be a way to monitor this kind of stuff.

I'm running into the same issue on a dl80 gen9 with an h240 HBA installed. It's weird to me that when I was using the built in b140i smart data was able to be read by proxmox.

I assume no one has found a work around for this? I'm mostly interested in reading SSD wear

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!