[TUTORIAL] HOWTO: Scripts to make cloudbase work like cloudinit for your windows based instances

Would anyone familiar with cloudbase-init be able to test the packaged fix? I tested it a couple of times now but have trouble setting the hostname of the VM, it works when on Mira's (Proxmox) side, maybe I'm missing something, curious about others.

It seems to have made it into the no-subscription repository now, too, after I looked at the code today on one of our no-subscription servers.

What needs testing seems to be:
- Is the hostname of the VM set correctly by cloudbase-init;
- Is the password of the user defined set correctly;
- Is the network configuration set correctly (there seems to be room for more improvement, e.g. multiple nics / dual-stack configs, but the basics work!);
- SSH keys are passed through now, not sure how to test this myself currently.

Someone can upload the patched files for Proxmox 8.2.2 ?
/usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2/Qemu.pm and /usr/share/perl5/PVE/QemuServer/Cloudinit.pm

Thanks

Someone can upload the patched files for Proxmox 8.2.2 ?
/usr/share/perl5/PVE/API2/Qemu.pm and /usr/share/perl5/PVE/QemuServer/Cloudinit.pm

Thanks
If you update to 8.2.4 (available in enterprise repo), you get the patched version from the repository.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!