How to use cgroups with pve?

udo

Distinguished Member
Apr 22, 2009
Ahrensburg; Germany
Hi,
I'm tracking down an issue on a numa system and need cgroups for that.

But on the pve-host I can't mount the cgroups:
Code:
mkdir /cgroup
mount -t cgroup netdev /cgroup
mount: netdev already mounted or /cgroup busy
mount -t cgroup none /cgroup
mount: none already mounted or /cgroup busy
On a normal squeeze work the mount without trouble.

I'm happy, if someone can give me any hints!

Udo

The issue is likely because they are in use elsewhere, just not sure what is using them so maybe these items will lead to an answer:

cat /proc/mounts:

Code:
beancounter /proc/vz/beancounter [B]cgroup[/B] rw,relatime,blkio,name=beancounter 0 0
container /proc/vz/container [B]cgroup[/B] rw,relatime,freezer,devices,name=container 0 0
fairsched /proc/vz/fairsched [B]cgroup[/B] rw,relatime,cpuacct,cpu,cpuset,name=fairsched 0 0

cat /proc/cgroups
Code:
#subsys_name    hierarchy       [B]num_cgroups[/B]     enabled
cpuset  2       2       1
cpu     2       2       1
cpuacct 2       2       1
devices 3       1       1
freezer 3       1       1
net_cls 0       1       1
blkio   1       2       1
[B]perf_event      0       1       1[/B]

Hi e100,
thanks a lot - i use mount to see if it's allready mounted, but it was too late and i'm not reconiced the lines.

cgroups worked now, but unfortunality it's doesn't help for my performance issue...

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!