[SOLVED] How to use BCC for Email Archiving?

kez

Mar 26, 2023
Hi there,

I'm trying to set up email archiving for a single domain using the BCC action but it's not working.

I've created the BCC action and a WHO action for the domain in question.

Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• Screenshot at Apr 24 11-51-58.png
    Screenshot at Apr 24 11-51-58.png
    442.5 KB · Views: 55
In this case only mails From and To the mail addresses in `Archive (test.uk)` will be sent to archive@test.uk.
And only those that weren't blocked, quarantined or accepted by any rules prior to the archive rule.

Do you want to archive EVERY mail that reaches your PMG or only specific ones?

In this case only mails From and To the mail addresses in `Archive (test.uk)` will be sent to archive@test.uk.
And only those that weren't blocked, quarantined or accepted by any rules prior to the archive rule.

Do you want to archive EVERY mail that reaches your PMG or only specific ones?

> In this case only mails From and To the mail addresses in `Archive (test.uk)` will be sent to archive@test.uk. And only those that weren't blocked, quarantined or accepted by any rules prior to the archive rule.

This is what I want, but it does not work for any emails in or out.

> Do you want to archive EVERY mail that reaches your PMG or only specific ones?

Every email to/from specific domains. Some domains want archiving and some do not.

Is there anything I can check as to why that wasnt working?

If you have a To and From defined it's an `AND` connection, meaning that it only matches if both of those match.
If you want either `To` or `From` then define two separate rules, one for each.

I'd suggest moving the rule up (higher priority) so that it runs before any of the others. Otherwise a Block/Quarantine/Accept will lead to the mail never reaching this rule.

If you have a To and From defined it's an `AND` connection, meaning that it only matches if both of those match.
If you want either `To` or `From` then define two separate rules, one for each.

I'd suggest moving the rule up (higher priority) so that it runs before any of the others. Otherwise a Block/Quarantine/Accept will lead to the mail never reaching this rule.

Hi,

> If you want either `To` or `From` then define two separate rules, one for each.

This fixed it :)

Thanks.

Reactions: mira

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!