How to "suspend" HA ?

Belokan

Apr 27, 2016
Hello,

I have a 3 nodes PM5.2 cluster running about 20 HA VMs (CEPH storage).
Tomorrow, I have a planed power outage for about 4 hours and my UPS won't be able to last that long.

Two nodes are running apsupsd (one server and one client) and one node nut (upsmon).

I'd like to "suspend" the HA and just let nodes to shutdown their VMs before stopping themselves instead of migrating them to another node about to stop itself too ...

And when the power comes back, I want nodes to restart (set in BIOS) + HA VMs.

How should I achieve this ?

Thanks in advance.

you could stop the 'pve-ha-crm' and 'pve-ha-lrm' services on all nodes, but please test this beforehand

Thanks fir your answer Dominik,

What if I just change "Request State" from "started" to "ignored" on all VMs ? If it does the trick (all VMs are flagged "start as boot" so they'll start on their last node when power will come back) how to change the state in bulk mode ?

# sed -i 's/started/ignored/g' /etc/pve/ha/resources.cfg

If the file is checked/reloaeded on modification like strorage.cfg ...

Thanks

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!