[SOLVED] How to remove image file from local-lvm

DomF

Nov 7, 2017
Hi,

I had created a VM disk image in the local-lvm directory by mistake when I first created the VM. Recently, I discovered that local-lvm was full (100% usage) so I decided to move the disk image to another storage pool using the pve web gui interface. At the time, it had asked me if I wanted to delete the disk image after it had copied to the new location and I chose not to. Now that the disk is in the new location I want to remove the old copy from local-lvm, however in the gui I can not remove the disk as the remove button is greyed out (local-lvm->contents->selecting my vm-105-disk-1 the remove button doesn't work nor do the other buttons Restore, Templates, Upload, Show Configuration.

I'm running proxmox 5.2-5.

How do I remove the vm-105-disk-1 from local-lvm?

Thanks,
Dom.

Reactions: neail
Hello,

I have exact the same problem... I am looking for a solution here, Please help me and tell me how to remove the vm-105-disk-1 from local-lvm???
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: neail
This worked for me as well, but I am still trying to understand why the buttons are all grayed out. Restore, Remove, Templates, Upload, Show Configuration are all grayed. Why is Remove not working?

Restore works only when you have selected a backup,
Remove only when you have selected a template or backup,
Show Configuration only when you have selected a template

if your user does not have the appropriate rights on the storage, none of these work ofc

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!