[SOLVED] How to remove Datastore (Directory)

Ok. Some things like renaming can often done without recreating everything, that's why I asked.

If you want to clear the disk completely (delete all data on it again), you can zap the disk:

Bash:
# WARNING: below is dangerous, wipes disk partitions, use with care!
sgdisk --zap-all /dev/sdX

Replace the /dev/ path with the respective device, triple check you got the right one and hit enter. After that, it should be useable again for creating a new storage+datastore with it.
How can i remove a unit from the GUI? because a erased after a tecnical problem with the hardware. But i dont find the GUI any option to remove it so it doesnt have more alerts from the old disk

How can i remove a unit from the GUI? because a erased after a tecnical problem with the hardware. But i dont find the GUI any option to remove it so it doesnt have more alerts from the old disk
Sorry i found it and use this command in the Console...
proxmox-backup-manager datastore remove (Name of the Unit)

Bonjour pour ma part j'ai effacer le contenu du fichier datastore.cfg et tout est redevenu normal dans l'interface graphique.
Hello, for my part I deleted the contents of the datastore.cfg file and everything is back to normal in the graphical interface.

Hello, for my part I deleted the contents of the datastore.cfg file and everything is back to normal in the graphical interface.
That deletes no data though. We recommend avoiding editing configuration files directly but use the web UI and/or API, which provides a vetted and synchronized safe way to either just delist a datastore, keeping the underlying data, or purge it completely including its data.

Ok thank you for your information but how do we through the graphical interface I did not find the information

Ok thank you for your information but how do we through the graphical interface I did not find the information
See the previously posted screenshot:
remove-datastore-png.42179

If that doesn't show up you have an outdated PBS version and should upgrade.

Let me sum up things (anyone can correct me if I'm wrong):
  • you can add a Directory from GUI using an unused disk, this will add a mount under /mnt/datastore and add a datastore too (you can optionally uncheck the flag to create a datastore
  • you can remove the datastore from the GUI
  • you CANNOT remove the mountpoint from the GUI, to do this I did through a Console with the "test" Directory/mountpoint
    systemctl stop /etc/systemd/system/mnt-datastore-test.mount rm /etc/systemd/system/mnt-datastore-test.mount now you can reuse or remove the device

Reactions: i_am_jam

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!