How to remove a persistent udev rule

stra4d

Mar 1, 2012
Hi

I have one node that uses the old network device naming convention eth*. It appears that along the way through updates it has kept the old naming convention by having the file /et/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules. Can I just delete this and fix the network setup to then use the new enp*s* naming convention?

Thanks,
Scott

That is the strange thing, that is all over the internet as how to continue to use eth0 BUT that was NOT actually there in GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX anywhere I could find on the system.

This must have gotten created somewhere along the line of upgrades. This server is an older HP DL360 G7 so has had a few PROXMOX upgrades.

It is now working just by deleting this rule (there was no rule generator file in the /lib/udev/rules.d dir either that created/generated this file. Very strange.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!