How to remount a zfs pool?

icdit

Sep 26, 2023
I have a zfs pool made up of disks on an external enclosure connected via eSATA. Everything works well and as expected due to the eSATA, Proxmox sees the pool as if it was made up of internal disks.

The problem is that the external enclosure was unplugged accidentally and after plugging it back in, it doesn't automatically remount. Thus, there is a grey question mark on the pool.

Is there a way to remount automatically or even manually once the drive is reattached?

I made a mistake. One of the external drives is setup as a Directory, the other is ZFS. Thus, both are not mounting after they were plugged back in.

The solution was to shutdown all the VMs and restart the whole Proxmox server. Everything came back up alright. Though, I wish there was another way to force remount manually without bring everything down.

Reactions: the1corrupted

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!