How to reduce RAM usage on idle (not using ZFS)

kisansakthi

Oct 23, 2022
Hi Guys, I recently installed proxmox on my old PC with 2GB Ram. I didn't install any VM/CT and I am not using ZFS, the initial ram usage is a little over 1GB, Is there a way I can reduce this much RAM usage to something like 500MB?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221023_170833.png
    Screenshot_20221023_170833.png
    25 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
The manual specifies 1 to 2GB of memory for Proxmox, so I don't expect so. You could try increasing memory pressure (by starting a VM) and hope that it can swap out 524MB (and become slow in the process). You can disable the pve-ha-crm and pve-ha-lrm services if you don't use a cluster. Maybe you can disable spiceproxy if you don't plan on using SPICE.

Reactions: kisansakthi

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!