How to move vm's from one network to another?

kriskenbe

May 11, 2022
Note to myself : first read the forums over here, then try something out...

At this moment I got 3 servers all running Proxmox in datacenter A. These 3 servers are all into one cluster and have an Ip in the range 185.18.x.y/24. I also have one server in datacenter B, on my own network with an ip in the range 193.56.x.y/24.

The 3 servers in datacenter A are quite old, and I have the plan to move all vm's to datacenter B (on my own network). So I tought this would be an easy thing : I just add the server from datacenter B to the cluster of datacenter A, move the VM's, change the IP addresses on the vm's and done.

Well... Not really...

I could actually add the server from datacenter B to the cluster on datacenter A. It did recognice everything. I could even add it! But when done, it seems that this is a no-go. I couldn't log in into the new server at all. I searched around in the forums here and well. What seemed as a great idea didn't work out at all...

So, some questions...
1. How can I delete the server B from the cluster?
2. I can't login using the webif screen on server B. How can I change it as it was before?
3. How can I move all the vm's from datacenter A to datacenter B without moving the servers?

Best regards
Kris

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!