How to monitor resource % usage of VM in Pools

BoolyTran

Apr 18, 2017
Currently, i have a problems in research tools support cases monitor % resource usage total of VM in Pools.

I trying testing many times but i don't know any tools this jobs.

Please share idea with me and feedback in case.

Currently, i have a problems in research tools support cases monitor % resource usage total of VM in Pools.

I trying testing many times but i don't know any tools this jobs.

Please share idea with me and feedback in case.

You can use monit. It is simple to use and can do almost anything you want. The syntax is also very human ;)

See my tutorial about it(is not the best but you can use for get the idea )

http://xmodulo.com/server-monitoring-system-monit.html

Have a nice proxmox server with monit as a dog guard :)

Hi guletz,

Thanks for your idea but in my opinion, I want to monitor% usage in pool / Proxmox.

Example:

I have 3 Pools in a Proxmox Server and I want to see the% of resources in each pool rather than each VM in the Pools.

Thanks you.

in the 'search' tab of the datacenter, you can sort by type and enable additional columns.. is this what you want?

Reactions: BoolyTran
in the 'search' tab of the datacenter, you can sort by type and enable additional columns.. is this what you want?

It's mean i want review % total usage CPU, memory aggins in Pools.

Example: 3 Pool in Promox and view : Pool1 87% memory 65%CPU and 27% diskspace
Pool2 80% memory 35%CPU and 90% diskspace

Or If possible i want don't install agent monitor each VM Which can i can monitor total.

Thanks you!

yes there are the fields "Disk usage %" and "memory usage %" in datacenter->search where we calculate the percentage of all running vms (in a pool)

yes there are the fields "Disk usage %" and "memory usage %" in datacenter->search where we calculate the percentage of all running vms (in a pool)

Yes, i understand idea with you, but i want % Pools not % VM in Pools.

in the row for a pool, we calculate the pool % for cpu and memory of all running vms of that pool .. what do you want differently?

Reactions: BoolyTran
in the row for a pool, we calculate the pool % for cpu and memory of all running vms of that pool .. what do you want differently?

Hi dcsapak,

Yes its differently, example i have 3 pools and each pools contains VM and
assigns limit resource in each pool.

- Pool 1 contains 20 VM excuse 2 CPU, 2 Gb Ram and 20 Disk, i want estimate total % resource in Pools not each VM

Please give me idea and thanks you so much.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!