How to migrate pbs backups to a new disc set

Brian Read

Jan 4, 2017
I currently have a pbs running on 2x2tb+1x1tb discs on an lvm volume across all 3 discs. I originally set this up as a test , but it has worked well for 9 months now!

Clearly I need to re-organise with a new new set of discs in a more redundant way. I'll go for 3 x 2tb using ZFS perhaps, or a Raid1 organisation.

However I need to know if I can migrate my existing set of backups to the new disc set? I've seen that rsync has been suggested, but it is not clear to me if that is a viable option.

Some feedback would be appreciated before I embark on this.

Cheers Brian

Last edited:
I tried and I recreated the empty datastore in the new machine then I copied the data from the old datastore to the new one with rsync and everything reappeared

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!