How to limitate 8006 port on the web

sebastiano

Jan 10, 2017
Hi, for reasons of need, I need to remotely access some proxmox installations via web interface, I would like to limit access to my public IP, or find a solution that limits the exposure of this port on the web, could anyone help me give some tips or tell me if there are any guides on this?
I looked for something online but nothing. I'll start by saying that unfortunately not all hosts have proxmox 8.x, I have one with version 6.x.
Thanks to anyone who can direct me

Access via public IP? That means you want your hosts to have open internet access?

That is a bad idea for many reasons.

I would suggest a private VPN to each site so you can securely access the hosts.

Hi, for reasons of need, I need to remotely access some proxmox installations via web interface, I would like to limit access to my public IP, or find a solution that limits the exposure of this port on the web

You should never expose your management to the world wide web, Proxmox VE is basically insecure install, it should have separate VLAN even on LAN. You need a VPN or at the least reverse proxy. If it's a one off, I would even SSH tunnel into the LAN (onto some other host than PVE) and take it from there.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!