How to limit volume email sending via PMG

daolt

Feb 8, 2020
Hi experts,
I want to limit volume email sending via proxmox in a hours, pls tell me what's to do?
Thanks in Advance

There is no such function, please describe your use case, how should this work?

As written, provide a use case, open a feature request bug in the bug tracker and maybe it will be added in future. However, PMG isn't meant (currently, I would also prefer something different to improve the product, e.g. adding archive functionality, adding mail server functionality, adding mail security functionality) to be either incoming final destination nor outgoing first destination but being a relay in between filtering for spam and viruses. So if you're using e.g. Plesk as Mail Server (or would relay from Zimbra through Plesk) there is such a feature implemented. However, this feature is primarily (so about the use case) implemented there because Plesk is for hosting customers (mail but more primary also websites) and if this ones got hacked and misused as spam source (because of insecure code or applications) the Plesk provider can prevent their IPs from being blacklisted by limiting possible outgoing spam (and be able to get notified, look after and react on possible injections, e.g. suspending a hosting package until the problem has been solved). I really don't see this use case with "just a mail server" like Zimbra unless you're providing service to customers which use their e.g. IMAP/SMTP/... access to send mass mails via newsletter or infected computers.

Reactions: daolt
As written, provide a use case, open a feature request bug in the bug tracker and maybe it will be added in future. However, PMG isn't meant (currently, I would also prefer something different to improve the product, e.g. adding archive functionality, adding mail server functionality, adding mail security functionality) to be either incoming final destination nor outgoing first destination but being a relay in between filtering for spam and viruses. So if you're using e.g. Plesk as Mail Server (or would relay from Zimbra through Plesk) there is such a feature implemented. However, this feature is primarily (so about the use case) implemented there because Plesk is for hosting customers (mail but more primary also websites) and if this ones got hacked and misused as spam source (because of insecure code or applications) the Plesk provider can prevent their IPs from being blacklisted by limiting possible outgoing spam (and be able to get notified, look after and react on possible injections, e.g. suspending a hosting package until the problem has been solved). I really don't see this use case with "just a mail server" like Zimbra unless you're providing service to customers which use their e.g. IMAP/SMTP/... access to send mass mails via newsletter or infected computers.
Thank you for replying

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!