How to limit VirtIO Adapter speed in VM?

evanc

Sep 18, 2021
I have an Intel i350 network card, whick is setted to a Linux Bridge outlet. As is known to all, i350 is a 1G card, However, The VirtIO Adapter speed in Win10 VM is 100G, is there any method can change the VirtIO Adapter speed to 1G or dynamic ?

If you enable the "Advanced" checkbox in the "Edit" dialog for your NIC in the PVE web GUI, you can set a rate limit. This will be applied to both up- and download speed of your VM.

Note that the displayed speed within your VM will always be "100G" for virtio, this is not indicative of the actual allowed or possible speed the guest can achieve.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!