[SOLVED] How to install newer version of Cloud-init?

HE_Cole

Oct 25, 2018
Miami, FL
Hey everyone!

I been making templates for my promox enviorment and i am stuck on some certain distros.
I am a network enginner not a systems engineer so alot of this is kinda new to me.

I have these distros working with cloud-init just fine.

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS - Cloud-init OK!
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS - Cloud-init OK!
Centos 7 - Cloud-init OK!
Debian 9 - Cloud-init OK!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to make these distros with the latest cloud-init. "There repos use old versions"

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "cloud-init in this distro works expect for ip config ):"
Centos 6 "no luck at all"
Debian 8 "no luck at all"
Fedorda 28 "no luck at all"

Could anyone be so kind to give me a guide on how to install the proper cloud-init with those distros i would really appreciate it. 14.04 and centos 6 are the most important now. :):)

I use use the Promox Cloud-init guide for taking a distros .iso and making it into a base image as a FYI.. And the cloud versions provided by those distros above dont work with promox and cloud-init so i have to build from the iso versions. I belive they dont work becuase they all use a old version of cloud-init. "by dont work" i mean data set in promox cloud init is not passed lol :mad:

Thank you Thank you.

Had the same issue. even bug to got root access instead of ssh key works without set it from putty but it come with the Centos 7 and Debian 9

Reactions: HE_Cole
Had the same issue. even bug to got root access instead of ssh key works without set it from putty but it come with the Centos 7 and Debian 9

Thanks for the input but that does not really anwser my question.:D:cool::cool:

some distros simply ship a cloud-init version that is too old and buggy, not much we can do from our side

Reactions: HE_Cole

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!