How to get temperature of 5800x on proxmox?

ps2pspgood

Nov 1, 2021
I have set the proxmox server and I would like to monitor the CPU temperature. The GPU temperature that is passed through can be detected by guest OS. I have searched and tried to use lmsensor. But, that modules cannot detect the temperature of 5800X...
Is there any way to make it work? Thank you very much!

You can use monitoring tools like checkmk for monitor CPU temperature and lot of critical parameters of your Proxmox server.

I have set the proxmox server and I would like to monitor the CPU temperature. The GPU temperature that is passed through can be detected by guest OS. I have searched and tried to use lmsensor. But, that modules cannot detect the temperature of 5800X...
Is there any way to make it work? Thank you very much!
IIRC AMD only added core temperature support for the 5xxx Ryzen models to their k10temp in the 5.12 kernel.
So, you could try to see if the 5.13 one works out for you. We provide that for testing and will switch too as new default soonish:

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/linux-kernel-5-13-zfs-2-1-for-proxmox-ve.99369/#post-428906

Thank you very much for the tech tips!
I will try it out and wait for update to new PVE version.

You can use monitoring tools like checkmk for monitor CPU temperature and lot of critical parameters of your Proxmox server.
Thank you very much for your answer!
I have tried that and install checkmk with docker in linux LXC container.
But, the problem is that I still cannot get the temperature reading on the checkmk dashboard.
Additionally, after I followed the post here (https://blog.checkmk.com/efficient-proxmox-monitoring-with-checkmk), I still cannot get checkmk to monitor my proxmox server.
Following error occurred :
check_icmp: Failed to obtain ICMP socket: Operation not permitted.

Can you provide me some guide? Thank you very much!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!