How to get a login at the host machine?

kireol

Jan 13, 2018
Hello, I'm new to proxmox.

I'm running Virtual Environment 5.1-41

My proxmox webui stopped responding. My VMs were still running. I wanted to shutdown some of my VMs, but couldn't as I was relying on proxmox webui client to use them.

I went to my box and tried to log in locally, but it looks like by default, proxmox only shows system logs.

Is there a runlevel change I can do or is there a preferred way to get my proxmox so that I can log in locally to the machine so I can perform proper shutdowns if needed?

I don't like having to rely upon fsck

You can login throw Terminal (SSH)/Putty and can control the VM's throw command line.

I went to my box and tried to log in locally, but it looks like by default, proxmox only shows system logs.

That not really true. On a standard install, you can easily login on the console. It works exactly like a standard Debian installation ...

Maybe you just need ti hit 'return' to get a login prompt?

That not really true. On a standard install, you can easily login on the console. It works exactly like a standard Debian installation ...

Maybe you just need ti hit 'return' to get a login prompt?

I tried that.

It's booted right now, still doesnt allow login.

That's why I'm asking how to change this

I installed proxmox on a new server and it does drop me to login.

So, I guess I'm stuck reinstalling or figuring out what's wrong with my main box.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!